Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The family that prays together....

Stays together.


I don't mean just saying grace at Thanksgiving, Christmas, reunions, or other humongous gatherings. It's always bothered me when prayers were said only at bigger family functions or special occassions. Is that the only time we're thankful or feel the need to express gratitude towards God?

The family dynamic has always intrigued me. Why do some families do things this way, why does my family do it that way, what will my family be like when Mr. B & I decide to create one?

I want to incorporate prayer into our lives as a daily "no if's, and's, or but's about it" occurrence. God has taken the back burner in so many people's lives. I don't want Him to be second in ours. I have a friend who is such a great CHRISTian friend to me. She & her husband don't just attend church services everytime the doors are open, but they take the initiative to have little devotionals together at home. I love that about their marriage and respect that so much.

I look forward to the days of going to church with Q, holding hands during prayer, & building a strong family dynamic. I can't wait to sit at our brand new kitchen table and say grace before a meal.
Our family dynamic WILL be one of a God-fearing, prayerful, Christ filled household. With all this talk of possibly trying to bring a sweet little baby into this world, I feel like the greatest gift I can give them is a Christian home. I was blessed to have been raised in the church. I was brought up knowing that God sent His son to die for me & everyone else. I knew about God's love. I felt His grace. My children will have that instilled in them as well. That is so important to me.

I can't make them pray but I can show them how to commune with God & why it is so important by doing it myself (& their daddy too). Mealtime is easy & tucking them in at night sounds good to me.
God is important. Family is important. Christian morals and values are important. My family will pray together and stay together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers